Monday, August 11, 2008

Let's Hope the Swimsuit Catches On!



Well, here is a photo of Michael Phelps in the US swimteam official Olympic bathing suit. The ladies' one is remarkably similar in style. I myself am hoping this style catches on. Not for speed or anything as efficiency minded as that, but for that fact that it will cover up a lot of cottage cheese thighs, mine included.


Sure, skeptics will tell me that I should go all out and go for the burqini, shown to the right, but I am not into total skin coverage, just the flabby bits. For those of you not familiar with the burqini, it is like the officially sanctioned bathing suit for obedient muslim women. As I mentioned, all I am after is covering up the old bum and thigh area, not a total cover up, and what is up with the goofy hat?
Somehow I don't see Phelps or Torres in that, even if it did turn out to be aquadynamic, or whatever the term would be. Well, maybe I could see them wearing the hats if Nike paid loads of money to sponsor it.
If you look at the burqini hat closely, it starts looking a bit deja vu. Really, all you need is the little propeller thing on top and you could have yourself a nice little beanie hat. I suppose with a big propeller thing on top, you could be a lot cooler though. Plus, you could make everyone on the beach work their abdominals, when they bust their guts laughing at how silly you look.
Ah well, until they mainstream the racer suit and it catches on with us non-racing types, I guess I will stick to my tankini with the skirt on the bottom, the closest thing I am willing to wear in the great American cover up.

No comments: