Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back from the Food Holiday

Well, by now I should be over my food lag, so it's back to salad plate size portions of only health foods (with the exception of the leftovers of my daughter's birthday cake-homemade and can't let that go to waste, only to waist). It was fun while it lasted, and it usually lasts a few days after the actual vacation.

Being in a different diet mindset has its freedom and fun, but it also has its cold hard consequences, and that has become apparent on my scale and in my closet, with its narrowing (ironic word in this context) options.

It was great saying yes without hesitation to the clotted cream and scones, having a drink on most days instead of more like twice a month. French pastries every morning while in Paris? Isn't that de riguer? Full fat British yogurt which kicks the Greek kind's butt? Well, I was only there for a short time, and it is the best yogurt and you can't get it in America... No need to go on with the rationalizations, it is very obvious how I find myself in my current position.

Nevertheless, if I nip this in the bud (or butt) and get back to reality (and pitch out the rest of that cake) I'll be fine. Off to have my breakfast of nonfat greek yogurt in a tiny cup (think playdough sized container. Yes, its back to reality at my house and hopefully in my closet soon too!

No comments: