Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I Am Separating from My Husband

Before you get reach for the phone or the computer to broadcast this news, a bit of clarification. We aren't physically or emotionally separating. At long last, I have decided to get my own email.

So what if it took ten years? At least I finally got around to it, unlike the other things I have been meaning to get to, like going through my sock drawer, my CD collection and dusting the tops of all furniture I can't reach without a chair.

After putting the email separation off for so long, I have to admit that it was embarrassingly easy to set up my own account. Okay, I didn't send a global notification to everyone, but I did send it to most of those necessary. Now, if I could only figure out how to inform the printer that I took care of the paper jam and it should get back to work, I would be all set in the technology department for a day or two.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's kind of annoying is that 1) she makes it sound like I "controlled her" for 10 years and 2) She left me off the list of people she notified.

Hmmmm....

- The Husband

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that that year of working in the Computing Center at college have paid off for you! Bernard Hoecker called and he wants you to refund your salary!!

-Todd1con

Donna H said...

I wasn't salaried, just hourly...